WWE fans flock to SmackDown on Friday nights for the thrilling buildup to WrestleMania. Top of Form WWE Smackdown Episode 1450 had it all, from Roman Reigns and Goldberg facing off before their bout for the Universal Championship to Sasha Banks making an emotional comeback.
Watch closely as we dissect the highlights and most important lessons from this must-see episode. As WrestleMania approaches, you’ll get the inside word on the evolving storylines and feuds. As we relive all that transpired leading up to the Showcase of the Immortals, fasten your boots and get into the ring.
Overview of WWE Smackdown Episode 1450
Roman Reigns made a surprise appearance to tease his upcoming battle at Crown Jewel versus Logan Paul, which got the show underway. As usual, Reigns was fantastic on the mic, building excitement for the fight and cautioning Paul not to overlook him.
- The Bloodline (Reigns, Solo Sikoa, and Sami Zayn) squared off against Drew McIntyre and The Brawling Brutes (Sheamus, Butch, and Ridge Holland) in a fantastic six-man tag bout. This match was incredibly thrilling and demonstrated everyone’s abilities in the ring. Following some miscommunication between McIntyre and Sheamus, the Bloodline emerged victorious.
- Liv Morgan and Sonya Deville battled hard, with Morgan winning via roll-up pin when
- Deville’s finisher was evaded. It’s good to see the women receiving significant TV time.
- In a major 6-man tag fight, Hit Row and Legado Del Fantasma pursued their ongoing conflict. After some excellent back-and-forth between the two camps, Legado emerged victorious in this situation.
- Emma and LA Knight heckling each other backstage made for a fun scene as well. Their strange coupling as a couple never gets old.
- Sheamus and Solo Sikoa engaged in a brutal No DQ match as the main event. Sheamus was able to pinfall Sikoa with a Brogue Kick despite The Bloodline’s intervention. Here, both men put on a fantastic performance.
WWE Smackdown Episode 1450 Best Moments and Matches
Don’t miss out on the action-packed highlights from WWE SmackDown episode 1450!
- In an exciting battle against Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs, The Usos maintained their SmackDown Tag Team Titles. With a superkick and top rope splash combination, the champs defeated their opponents to win. The Usos’ record-breaking title reign continues with their arduous triumph.
- Ronda Rousey confronted Charlotte Flair backstage, making her presence known. The Baddest Woman on the Planet intends to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship from Flair. Tensions are raised before their forthcoming title showdown at WrestleMania Backlash by their first-ever face-to-face meeting.
- In his SmackDown debut bout, Gunther (the former WALTER) crushed a local rival. The Ring General won with ease as he demonstrated his signature strength and control.
- In an entertaining one-on-one match, Xavier Woods defeated Butch (the former Pete Dunne). Woods stopped a roll-up attempt to give his New Day partner Kofi Kingston, who was present at ringside, the pinfall victory. After Butch had already beaten Kingston the previous week, this even the score.
Outcomes and Crucial Matches Analysis
- Roman Reigns defeated Riddle to successfully defend his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship in the main event. Even though the result was always obvious, this was a good battle that gave Riddle a chance to show off his abilities. Reigns is still the uncontested champion and continues to rule SmackDown.
- Shinsuke Nakamura shocked the odds by defeating Gunther to take the title of Intercontinental Champion. This back-and-forth match was fantastic. To win by pinfall, Nakamura countered a powerbomb attempt with a rollup. This unexpected title change upends the Intercontinental title image.
- In a tables match, The New Day’s Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods were beaten by The Viking Raiders. This was a silly table fight that was entertaining. This victory gives the Viking Raiders more momentum as they appear to be on the verge of a tag title matchup.
- Following Natalya’s intervention and attacks on both women, Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey engaged in a fight to the death. This intensifies the competition between the three of them before Money in the Bank. Whether Natalya interferes in the title match will be exciting to see.
- Madcap Happy Corbin lost to Moss in an unexpectedly close bout. This made it possible for Moss to triumph following his defeat by Corbin at WrestleMania Backlash. After the match, Corbin attacked Moss, suggesting that this feud might go on.
What This Indicates About Future WWE Tales
WWE SmackDown episode 1450 and its championship changes will heavily influence future storylines.
- Sami Zayn is the new opponent for Roman Reigns. Watching their match at Elimination Chamber on TV is a must. You shouldn’t be shocked if Zayn pulls off the upset as he demonstrated that he can hang with The Bloodline.
- Every week, Ronda Rousey’s Raw Women’s Championship is at stake in her open challenge. Who will dare to challenge her for the throne?
- The controversial victory of Jey Uso has left the Usos as your Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions. However, there appears to be growing tension among The Bloodline.
- LA Knight defeated Rey Mysterio to go to the Elimination Chamber bout. The talkative Knight might have a chance to win a title match at WrestleMania.
- Securing her place as the upcoming contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship, Xia Li defeated Shotzi. More intense matches should result from their growing rivalry.
- After defeating The Viking Raiders, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre hinted at a possible tag team. The division could be completely overrun by these two brutes.
Forecasts for the Upcoming Smackdown Episode
The recent SmackDown was action-packed yet left us with lingering questions and cliffhangers for next week. Here are a few forecasts for potential events:
- Roman Reigns is probably going to talk about Sami Zayn’s surprise defection. It seems that their friendship is over. What repercussions could Zayn face for defying the Tribal Chief?
- With Ronda Rousey seeking a new opponent after WrestleMania, the question of her challenging Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship looms, amidst their escalating rivalry.
- Last week’s game between Drew McIntyre and Sheamus and the Viking Raiders never got underway. The following episode should feature that tag match.
- Last week, Xia Li broke up a Natalya match. Are the two getting into a feud because of WWE? Expect them to collide once more.
- A matchup with Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental title was earned by Ricochet. When is that match going to happen?
- What is next for New Day following Big E’s heartfelt comeback? The well-liked duo appears to be headed for a major WrestleMania event.
And there you have it, yet another action-packed WWE Smackdown Episode 1450 in the books.
This episode was packed with excitement, from Sheamus vs. Gunther to Tegan Nox’s return. With fresh feuds brewing and old rivalries heating up, anticipation is high for what’s next. Will Gunther seek revenge against Sheamus? And what’s next for Hit Row?
Is Liv Morgan able to resume her path? You want to keep fans interested, which is why there are so many questions. The narrative of weekly wrestling television is so captivating because it never truly ends. There’s always more to discover in the next episode.
Is SmackDown smaller than Raw?
Because of its lengthier runtime and more aggressive marketing than SmackDown! and ECW, WWE Raw is typically regarded as the company’s flagship program.
What made RAW and SmackDown different from one another?
Raw has a wide range of performers and allows for new main events every week, while SmackDown is primarily dependent on Roman Reigns and the Bloodline storyline.
What gives it the name SmackDown?
“Lay the smackdown” is one of his catchphrases, which inspired the moniker.
Who coined the phrase “SmackDown”?
The Rock first used the term “smackdown” in 1997.