Oman showcases a beautiful desert landscape that is complemented by the beauty of its lovely beaches. These beaches specifically attract people from all over to take part in water sports, snorkel, or dive to see diverse marine creatures. Another unique feature of this country also called the Sultanate of Oman’s is its numerous wadis, each having a unique beauty.
Mountainous spots and off-beat natural locations that you can explore in Oman
Immerse yourself in the warm hospitality and rich culture of this country, which is bordered by the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Enjoy exploring the wadis by reaching them on a four-wheel drive. Do a salamair booking to arrive in Oman’s for a fun-filled vacation break. Here is a look at the many adventures that you can undertake in this country:
- Visit the lovely Jebel Akhdar, where you can spend time in a pleasant, cool climate in a lush green environment. There are lots of fruit orchards that you can walk through and discover, which are wonderful for taking photos, and also walnut groves. Get up to the Saiq Plateau, from where you can get a panoramic view of the surroundings
- The Dhofar region is a must-visit because it is indeed a lovely place with a pleasant climate and greenery. Take treks that get you right into the mountains, where you can experience a rugged landscape and mist, as well as look below to see beautiful gen plateaus. Everywhere around, you can see beautiful palm trees as well as date, banana, and papaya trees.
- The majestic Jebel Qihwi is a wonderful place to visit. Trekking through it will take you to a stunning scenery of mountains, valleys, juniper trees, and terraced farms, all at an elevation of 1800 meters.
- Reach the majestic Jebel Shams to get a stunning view of the surroundings. It’s a mountain that’s also known as the Mountain of the Sun and is also the highest in the country. It rises to 3004 meters above sea level, and from the summit, you can see the Nakhr balcony, a deep ravine. Lots of adventure activities can done here, such as trekking, hiking, stargazing, and camping.
- How about checking out wadis, or dry riverbeds that are scatter in so many places? There are many lovely trekking routes to explore, which take you into scenic landscapes that will amaze you with their natural beauty. Take time off in the serenity here, photographing the greenery, which is quite amazing right in the middle of the desert!
- Take a journey to the Dimaniyat Islands, where you can enjoy a fantastic time in the lovely beach waters. Check out the lovely underwater life by snorkeling and diving. One of the things that you are sure to notice here is the vast number of sea turtles when you explore the waters below. You can also take a trek across the island and explore its rugged natural beauty. It’s an interesting ecosystem that you can take photos of.
- If you love turtles, then a visit to Ras Al Jinz village is a must. It serves as the place where endangered green turtles lay their eggs and also has a turtle reserve. There are treks offer here for you to witness them lay their eggs. There is also a private beach area in the turtle reserve where you can swim, dive, and snorkel.
One of the most amazing qualities about this country is its opportunity for stargazing. Yes, in addition to the adrenaline-pumping adventure activities that you can enjoy in this country. You can also enjoy seeing the stars across the sky, which are beautiful to see and wonderful to photograph.
Take a drive into the desert area at night, away from the city lights. And pick a nice, quiet spot. lay back on the sand and look up at the sky. Which is surround by so many thousands of stars. The canopy of stars is magical, and if you know astronomy, you can point out some constellations as well. Make a Salamair booking right away to experience this beauty in Oman’s. And also explore the many exciting spots. Where you can enjoy adventure, shopping, visiting monuments, and much more.
A very interesting quality about the beaches in Oman’s is that they are not only known for their water sporting opportunities. They are also the spots where turtles come to lay their eggs. Five of the seven turtle species existing in the world come here. You can look at them by visiting the beaches of Sur and Ras Al Jinz.